A Bell 430 twin engine helicopter in flight.
A Cessna 172 on a speed detail on the NYS Thruway
near Westmoreland. This picture was taken between
1967-1968 just after the aircraft was purchased.
The aircraft is still in service today.
Photo of a Huey 2 landing at Blue Mountain, just north of
Indian Lake, where it was dispatched to deploy radio
technicians to service a transmitter on top of the mountain.
Notice the ice on everything!
The New York State Police aviation unit currently operates a fleet of 19 aircraft.
The aircraft in use are:
- Three (3) Bell 407 single engine utility helicopter
- Six (6) Bell 430 twin engine helicopters
- Three (3) Bell UH-1 “HUEY 2” Single engine utility helicopters and one (1) UH-1H “HUEY 1” Single engine utility helicopter
- Two (2) Cessna 206 Stationair Single engine airplanes
- One (1) Cessna 172 Single engine airplane
- One (1) Partenavia Twin engine observation airplane
- Two (2) Beech King Air twin engine turboprop airplane