Pistol/Revolver License Recertifications are currently only required for those permits originally issued before January 15, 2013. If your permit was issued before January 15, 2013, the deadline to submit your recertification is January 31, 2018.
- Online Recertification
- Recertification Frequently Asked Questions
- Check Recertification Status
New York City, Nassau County, Suffolk County and Westchester County Permit Holders:
This system does not process recertifications for New York City, Nassau County, Suffolk County or Westchester County permits. If you currently have a New York City, Nassau County, Suffolk County or Westchester County permit, you must follow the requirements that are in place in your county, rather than use this recertification system.
Complete in accordance with directions provided by your Licensing Authority
- PPB-3: Pistol/Revolver License Application
- PPB-5: Pistol/Revolver License Amendment
- PPB-6: Application for License as Gunsmith - Dealer in Firearms
Note: Applications should be printed double-sided.