Field Trip Attendance System Description
The Field Trip Attendance System was developed to help identify and track students/participants when they are on a field trip. The system includes a Field Trip Attendance Sheet and color-coded, numbered Identification Tags.
Here is how it works . . .
Fill out the Field Trip Attendance Sheet with the school name, date of trip, teacherï¿½s name, grade, destination and the color of the Identification Tags. List all students/participants and adults and their corresponding emergency contact numbers.
- When you send out the permission slips for the parents to sign, remember to ask for an emergency contact number for the day of the field trip. This will ensure that you have a current number to include on the sheet.
- It is a good idea to assign the last number on the sheet to the teacher/leader, so s/he can easily remember how many people are participating.
Print the color coded number tags and give one to every participant, including all the adults. We have given you a couple of download and print options:
- Using a color printer, you can choose to print tags or sticky labels with the word:
- Using colored paper, you can choose to print:
- Colors are used to distinguish your group from others that may be there.
- Numbers are used instead of names for student safety. Strangers will be unable to identify and call students by name.
- Printing the word BLUE on blue paper, RED on red paper and GREEN on green paper is so that people who are color blind can "read" the color.
- Remember to write the chosen color on the Field Trip Attendance Sheet.
Decide on a code word. The code word is for adults on the field trip to use with the students to let them know he/she is a safe adult with which to go. Students should be taught not to go anywhere with someone who doesn't know the code word right away. The word can be written on the bottom of the Field Trip Attendance Sheet.
If you choose not to write the code word on the bottom of the Field Trip Attendance Sheet, remember that if anything should happen to you, police or emergency medical personnel may need to know the code word in a hurry.
Write any other special instructions, such as any physical needs, allergies, medical conditions or medications any student/participant may need, on the back of the Field Trip Attendance Sheet.
Give copies of the completed form to School Administration, the bus driver(s) and all participating adults. Keep a copy for yourself.