Vision, Values and Mission
The New York State Police . . . Proudly serving since 1917
Vision: To build on our tradition of service.
Mission: To serve, protect and defend the people while preserving the rights and dignity of all.
- Integrity: To live and work in accordance with high ethical standards.
- Respect: To treat people fairly while safeguarding their rights.
- Customer Service: To ensure that everyone we meet receives dedicated and conscientious service.
- Continuous Improvement and Learning: To constantly improve ourselves and our organization.
- Leadership: To inspire, influence and support others in our organization and communities.
- To prevent crime and enforce the law:
- To protect people and property.
- To prevent and detect crime and other violations of law, pursue criminal investigations and arrest criminals.
- To ensure highway safety:
- To make our roads safe for all users.
- To reduce the deaths, injuries and property damage caused by motor vehicle accidents through vehicle and traffic enforcement and education.
- To render general assistance:
- To render assistance to all in need and protect citizens and their property from harm.
- To assist citizens in resolving problems in partnership with other service providers.
- To promote peace and order:
- To provide disorder control and security in all types of natural and man-made emergencies.
- To provide for the safety and security of individuals and groups of citizens in furtherance of their rights, duties and responsibilities.
- To provide high quality support:
- To provide our members with the highest quality support services in an efficient manner.
- To support others by creating partnerships for safety and security with individuals, groups and communities throughout the state.